Monday, May 7, 2007

Grandma


Today was a very sad day for our family. My precious Grandma left us for heaven this afternoon. My heart aches for her, but I am also proud of the life she lived and for the reward that is now hers. I thank God for her faithfulness because I know that my knowledge of Jesus started with her teaching my dad.

Grandma loved the song "My God and I." The last verse of that song is now hers.

"My God and I
will go for aye together.

We'll walk and talk
like good friends should and do.

This earth will pass, and with it common trifles,
But God and I will go unendingly.

This earth will pass, and with it common trifles,
But God and I will go unendingly."

3 comments:

Laura Odom said...

My heart aches for you this morning. Grandma was such a special special woman and I know you are the woman you are today because of her great influence. You're in my prayers today. Love you.

Anonymous said...

When I first learned of Erma's departure, I was so sorry, but then I thought I couldn't be sorry for her, because she has reached her ultimate goal in life -- to be with the Lord. I am sorry for you, Amanda, because I know how much you will miss her. She helped you become the beautiful, Godly woman you are. She was a great influence on my life, too, and on so many people! She will be missed and will always be loved!

EMWilkinson said...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Take comfort in the great times you spent with her and the memories you made will live with you forever. I'm sure you know, but you look very much like her in that picture! She was a beautiful woman. :)