Wednesday, December 19, 2007

The Holidays on a Budget


You know, living on a budget has new significance at Christmas. First, our goal this year has been to pay off debt. Therefore, most of our "extra" money each month is spent to achieve that goal. So where does Christmas shopping fall into this great plan??? Well, for us it has meant decide on an amount we can spend and send the rest to VISA!

Our Christmas, as far as gifts are concerned, will be humble this year..........(well, I guess that is relative to what you are accustomed to at Christmas. I realize many families struggle to feed their families and Christmas gift giving is a luxury they can't afford.)

This year's "humble Christmas" has been a lot of fun. I have been busy making several "gifts" for my friends and co-workers. Today, my team of teachers provided a soup luncheon for our principals, office staff, and other school workers. It seemed to have accomplished its intended purpose and I was thrilled that I was able to spread some holiday cheer.

Tonight, I have been baking pumpkin bread for my friends at school. We all decided to do "homemade" gifts this year.............I can't wait to see what everyone made! For my math department, I am folding origami boxes and filling them with chocolate I got on sale through the Grocery Game............don't worry, it is Hershey's chocolate!

I hope they all know how much I love and appreciate them. And.............I am finding that sometimes more love goes into something made by hands!

Happy Holidays!

No comments: