Thursday, March 22, 2007

Bread Day.......

Well, tonight I embarked on my 3rd baking of Amish Friendship Bread. My bestest friend, Laura, gave me a baggie of starter about a month ago, and I have been squishing, baking, and sharing bread ever since. My latest apprentice, my mom, called tonight as she eagerly waited for her bread to bake in the oven........nevermind that she only made 3 baggies of new starter instead of 4, used a METAL bowl, and used cook and serve pudding mix instead of instant. Needless to say, she hasn't called back to let me know how it all turned out. And, she had big plans for this bread. Poor Don is expecting some WONDERFUL bread to eat for breakfast each morning.........Good Luck, Mom.........I still believe in you. This is all from the same woman who makes THE best fried chicken, mashed potatoes, and a whole bunch of other yummy things. All of which, she has not made for me in quite awhile! So, watch out! YOU might be the next lucky woman to receive a bag of Amish Friendship Bread.............it is more than the joy of baking fresh bread every 10 days for your family. It's the joy of listening to people freak out and gripe about having to squish and use all the ingredients in their house.

1 comment:

Laura Odom said...

YUM! Glad you're still enjoying it. We gobbled ours up from this week already.

And, btw I got some of the cook and serve pudding by accident last time and it turned out fine. There's still hope for your mom! =)