Friday, March 30, 2007

Real Moms.......

Wow, this post was probably the furthest from my mind 5 minutes ago, but after visiting my best friend Laura's blog and reading about her loss of an unborn child...I felt compelled to share, too. We lost our unborn baby almost 6 years ago, only a couple of weeks after finding out we were going to be parents. We were not prepared for the grief of that loss, nor were we expecting to spend several years of our early adult life battling all that goes along with realizing that you will probably never conceive. To this day, Ryan keeps a picture of us in Tortola taken during our very short pregnancy. Those were the hardest years of my life. And, they seem to have taken place a lifetime ago....For today, I am a mom. A REAL mom! Jacob's mom. I didn't know it then, but God had a better plan for us, and I am still in awe of how he brought together our little family of 3. I will never forget the first time I was alone with Jacob.......he was just hours old, and I got to rock him for the first time. And that was just the beginning! Praise God!

No comments: